We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
An excellent winter recipe, duck confit soup can be used as a starter but also as a complete meal.
Preparation : 20 min
Cooking : 50 min
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 3 carrots
- 2 potatoes
- 1 leek
- 30 g semi-salted butter
- 2 duck confit legs
- 1 l of cold chicken broth
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 clove
- 50 g of sheep's cheese
- Salt, peppercorns
Duck confit soup
- Wash and peel the carrots, potatoes and leek. Slice all these vegetables.
- In a casserole dish, melt the butter and sweat the vegetables without coloring.
- Crumble the duck confit and add it to the vegetables. Pour in the cold broth, add the previously chopped garlic, cloves and pepper. Cook for 40 minutes over low heat.
- Cut the sheep's cheese into small cubes.
- When ready to serve, add the diced sheep cheese and toast.
Find out more about Basque sheep cheeses
Handcrafted, these cheeses are made from raw, whole milk from sheep of rustic breeds: black heads, red heads, Basque-Bearnaise. Reigning on the cheese platters, the reputation of the country's sheep's tommes and tommettes is well established, the most famous being the AOC Ossau-Iraty.
Very flavorful cheeses, there is something for everyone! From mild to full-bodied, the ripening allows flavor, aromas, texture, and rind to develop over time. To be enjoyed at the end of a meal, plain or accompanied by black cherry jam (softens the flavor of long-aged cheeses), as an aperitif accompanied by a Basque cider or in a salad, sheep's cheese with Espelette pepper. 'lending itself particularly well.
Recipe: A. Beauvais, Photo: F. Hamel