We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
A delicious summer recipe, this Wok of calamari, pan-fried broad beans and garlic cheese should be unanimous around the table.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 1 kg of beans
- 2 bunions
- 100 g of chorizo
- 3 tbsp. tablespoons of olive oil
- Espelette pepper (to taste)
- 800 g of squid or cuttlefish white
- 200 g smooth white cheese
- Coarse salt, salt
Calamari wok, fried broad beans and garlic white cheese
- Shell the beans, blanch them for 2 minutes in boiling salted water with coarse salt. Drain and cool them. Reserve.
- Peel the onions, slice them in 2 or 4. Also slice the green stems, as finely as possible. Reserve.
- Cut the chorizo into small cubes. Brown it in a sauté pan with 1 tsp. of olive oil. Add the onions, cook 5 to 7 minutes over low heat. Mix, add the beans. Season with salt and Espelette pepper.
- Cut the calamari into fairly thin slices. Heat 2 tbsp. olive oil in the wok or in a large skillet, then sear the squid for 2 to 3 minutes, sautéing them. Season with salt and Espelette pepper.
- Mix the cottage cheese with the onion tops. Season with salt and Espelette pepper.
- In hot soup plates, serve the calamari accompanied by the pan-fried broad beans with chorizo and onions. Add a quenelle of fromage blanc and enjoy.
A common cooking method in China, the wok allows foods to be quickly seared over high heat in order to retain their flavors and nutritional qualities, and without absorbing too much fat. For even cooking, cut into pieces of equal size, start by cooking foods requiring longer cooking, stir frequently with the same gesture (bring the ingredients to the center of the wok). To keep fish or meat moist, they can be floured to prevent them from drying out. The addition of aromatic herbs is done at the last moment, so that they exhale all their scents.
Recipe: A. Beauvais, Photo: F. Hamel