We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
A true culinary institution, the Minced Parmentier of potatoes with meat is a treat.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 600 g of leftover meat
- 20 cl meat cooking juice (if there is no veal stock)
- 3 onions roses
- 6 shallots
- 95 g semi-salted butter
- 500 g Vitelotte potatoes
- 800 g potatoes Charlotte
- 1 tsp. breadcrumbs
- 3 tbsp. ground hazelnuts
- 2 squares of dark chocolate
- Fleur de sel, freshly ground pepper
Parmentier recipe with two potatoes
- Peel and wash the two varieties of potatoes.
- Cook them separately in two saucepans of salted water (for about 20 to 25 minutes)
- In a frying pan, melt 25 g of butter and brown the chopped onions and shallots.
- After 5 minutes, add the shredded meat. Mix and set aside.
- Drain the potatoes and, using a fork, mash the vitelotte potatoes with 25 g of melted butter.
- Repeat the operation with the Charlotte potatoes and 25 g of melted butter.
- Season the two potato salad bowls with fleur de sel and pepper.
Preheat the oven to 180 ° C (th.6)
- Wet the meat, onions and shallots with the cooking juices from the meat (or veal stock).
- Add 2 squares of dark chocolate, and simmer over low heat for 10 minutes. Adjust seasoning.
- Pour the meat into a previously buttered dish, distribute it well in the dish, pack and place a layer of Vitelotte mashed potatoes, then the Charlotte potatoes.
- Sprinkle with the breadcrumbs mixture, and sprinkle with 20 g of butter.
Bake for 30 minutes.
Find out more about shepherd's pie
- The “shepherd's pie” owes its name to Antoine Augustin Parmentier, a French pharmacist, agronomist, nutritionist and hygienist, who discovered the potato and its important medicinal virtues (intestinal transit, blood circulation, etc.) after a stay on the land Irish.
Recipe: A. Beauvais, Photo: S. Thommeret