We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Here is a delicious way to taste good grilled mackerel on the barbecue with Mallorcan sauce, a Spanish specialty.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 4 hollowed-out mackerel (or filleted)
- 30 cl of milk
- 3 tbsp. mustard
- freshly ground pepper, fleur de sel
- 1/2 red pepper
- 2 small tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 sprigs of flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 slice of white bread
- 5 tbsp. tablespoons of olive oil
- 25 g of hazelnuts
- 25 g pine nuts
- 1 tsp. tablespoon ground almonds
- 1/4 tsp. teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 tsp. tablespoon of wine vinegar
- Salt, cayenne pepper (or sweet red pepper)
Mallorcan grilled mackerel
- In a deep dish, mix the milk and mustard. Season with pepper and place the
mackerel. Let marinate for 1 hour in the fridge.
For the Mallorcan sauce:
- Skin, hull, seed and cut the pepper and tomatoes into pieces.
- Peel, wash and degerm the garlic.
- Remove the leaves and wash the parsley.
- In a frying pan, heat 2 tablespoons of oil, brown the slice of bread on both sides. Remove and cut into pieces.
- Heat another pan without adding fat, just toast the hazelnuts and pine nuts.
- In the bowl of a blender, combine the peppers, tomatoes, garlic and bread. Mixer. Add the ground almonds, paprika, hazelnuts, pine nuts and parsley. Season. Mix again and gradually add the remaining olive oil and vinegar.
Prepare the barbecue.
- Drain and dry the mackerel on absorbent paper. Place them on the barbecue grill (skin side) very hot. Leave to cook for a few minutes, turn them gently.
- Taste the mackerel sprinkled with fleur de sel and served with Mallorcan sauce!
- In this marinade, the milk will soften the flesh of the fish and the fat in the milk will fix the aroma of the mustard.
- This recipe can be served with new potatoes sprinkled with fleur de sel.
- Pine nuts and hazelnuts can also be placed on a baking sheet and roasted for a few minutes in an oven at 180 ° C (th.6).
Mackerel is a fish with fatty and very aromatic flesh to which the Mallorcan finish brings contrast and complementarity, by its acidity due to tomato and vinegar, on the one hand, and, on the other hand, by its aromatic richness where the vegetal notes of pepper and parsley mingle with those, toasted, pine nuts and hazelnuts. The sophistication of the sauce and the diversity of the taste dimensions of the dish allow very different wines depending on the character you want to highlight.
Thus, in white wines, a Muscadet sur lie will play both in the direction of the acidity of the preparation and the enhancement of the aromas of the fish, while in contrast, a Chardonnay from the Pays d ' oc will favor the fleshy and fat of the mackerel and the toasted notes of the accompaniment. In red wines, the nuances of pepper and the freshness of a red Anjou will reinforce these sensations in the dish, while a Côtes de Provence will come in opposition to them.
Words from the kitchen
Monder: peel a vegetable or fruit (peach, tomato, etc.) after having immersed it for a few seconds in boiling water, cool it immediately in very cold water so as to stop cooking. The skin is then removed very easily.
Recipe: T. Bryone, Photo: C. Herlédan