We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Homemade strawberry jam is one of the most common because it is both delicious and easy to make.
Whichever variety of strawberries you choose, the result should be what you expected.
From picking to potting, here's how to make your strawberry jam a success.
Preparation time : 45 min
Cooking time : 20-25 min depending on the variety and level of ripeness of the strawberries.
- 2kg of strawberries very ripe
- 1 kg of sugar
Also to discover:
- All jam and jelly recipes
- All strawberry recipes
Homemade strawberry jam recipe
The homemade strawberry jam recipe is quick and easy and the result often much better than those bought in the store ...
Don't hesitate to ask the fruit and vegetable vendors at the end of the market as they often have leftover ripe and sometimes unsaleable strawberries that they will be happy to make you cheaply.
- So choose preferably ripe strawberries because the more they are, the more they are naturally full of sugare.
- Wash thoroughly your strawberries in cold water without damaging them, then drain them to remove the remaining water.
- Remove the stems from the strawberries
- Put 2/3 of the strawberries (keep 1/3 of the strawberries for the end) in a large copper basin, a pot or any other large container such as casserole or large saucepan.
- Add half the sugar.
- Mix everything delicately to distribute the strawberries and sugar evenly.
- Leave to macerate for a few hours to a maximum of overnight. The key is to let them make their juice.
- Drain the strawberries, put the flesh aside for cooking and do not use the liquid for the jam.
Cooking the strawberry jam:
- For 1 kg of strawberries obtained after having drained them, add 500 g of sugar.
- Cook the strawberries in a very low broth for about 30 minutes
Make sure the jam is well cooked:
- To make sure the strawberries are cooked through, pour a tablespoon into a cold plate and see if it freezes. If so, your jam is ready.
- Let stand a few minutes before putting in jars.
- Close then turn the jars
Notice to comments and variations of strawberry jams!
Also find the other homemade jam recipes
- Read also : grow your strawberries well
- All the strawberry recipes
- Benefits and virtues of strawberries for health