We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Do you know butternut, this elongated squash variety with a subtle and slightly sweet taste?
As a salad with mixed rice and flavored with tarragon leaves, it's a real treat.
Preparation time : 15 minutes
Cooking time : 20 minutes
Ingredients for 4 persons :
In the basket
- 600 gr of squash butternut
- a few sheets oftarragon
- 20 gr shelled squash seeds
- 120 gr of mixed rice
In the closet
- 1 drizzle of olive oil
- 80 ml milk
- Salt and pepper from the mill
Warm mixed rice, butternut and tarragon salad recipe
- Heat a pot of salted water and immerse the rice in it when it boils. Cook it for 12 min.
- Heat a second pot of salted water.
- Meanwhile, cut the butternut squash in half, remove the seeds and fibrous parts.
- Cut the slices about 1 cm thick and roughly remove the skin.
- Cut into small cubes and immerse them for 10 min. over medium heat in the 2nde pan.
- Chop a few tarragon leaves. Reserve.
- Drain the rice and keep it warm in the saucepan with 1 knob of butter, over low heat.
- Drain the butternut cubes and set them aside in the saucepan. Cover to keep warm.
Collect 80 g of butternut cubes to make the sauce.
- In a small saucepan, combine the squash and milk.
- Season and mix with a whisk so that the consistency resembles that of a sauce.
- Add the tarragon and simmer 2-3 min.
Arrange the plates with the rice at the bottom, then the squash cubes, the tarragon sauce and finally sprinkle with a few squash seeds!
For the ‘carnivorous’, don’t hesitate to add a few pieces of bacon or lightly grilled diced chicken with the rice.